Have you outgrown your current office or is your lease about to expire? Many business owners or managers put off moving office for a long time as they think that relocating their business premises is going to be as difficult as moving house… but it really doesn't have to be! With a bit of preparation and organisation and a little help from Saracen you'll be in your new office location quicker than you can say "nine to five".
Here are a few tips to point you in the right direction and help reduce the stress of moving your business -
• Just as you would when moving house, make sure you obtain detailed and accurate measurements of your new office remembering to include any staircases, windows and door openings etc
• Ensure you have a floor plan of your new office detailing where the equipment and furniture will be placed
• Decide where all your employees will be located and ensure you have engaged with them so everyone is happy
• Contact all of your suppliers such as internet, utilities and phone companies to let them know of your office move in advance
• Don't assume that because you are moving to a larger office that there will be more storage space. If there were fixed cupboards or storage units at your old premises, make sure there is the equivalent space in the new office
• Use an experienced company to help you with your move. Saracen has a highly trained move management team who will seamlessly carry out your office move
• A successful office move requires the minimal amount of disruption. If you would prefer to move 'out of office hours' then we can provide our services in the evening or over a weekend - often at short notice. This will guarantee the minimum amount of hassle and interruption to the day-to-day running of your business
Moving office really doesn't need to be as stressful as you may think! When you use our move management team, we can pack and unpack, supply materials and storage, manage the inventory, transport IT equipment, dismantle and reassemble furniture, and dispose or recycle waste. This leaves you to focus on what's really important: your business and the exciting times that wait for you at your new premises!